Sunday 10 April 2016

Whole 30 Inspiration (an evolving post)

Ahhh... lovely fresh asparagus... soooooo delicious!!!


OK... so I am constantly taking pictures of my food.  This is a funny little thing I really started when I was visiting my sister in Germany... and then when I was traveling with my dad in Russia on a choir trip.  Oh, the adventures in food I had!

Anyway, the idea I had for this post is this.  I am constantly taking pics of my food, and since I am on the Whole 30 right now, and people I know keep asking me questions like, "what do you eat?" I thought I would simply document my meals and post them here as I go along.  If you think you could never make all this amazing food, you are wrong.  It's all about food prep and thinking ahead, having things cooked or cleaned and chopped, and then composing plates that are true to the W30 plan.

I am still finding my way around the kitchen, after all these years.  I like to do a big prep on Sunday mornings, as I am making our Sunday brunch and Sunday dinner.  Weekday lunches and dinners are that much easier to prepare and assemble because of this prep time.

So come back and visit, as there will be more pics on here as I make more Whole 30 meals... and as I figure out how to get the pics from my iPhone onto my Acer Chromebook.  It isn't the smoothest of processes, but I am figuring out how to do with the limitations of my equipment.  

I plan to bump down the older pics as I add new meal pics, so it will be easy for you to see my latest meals and then scroll down for older inspiration pics, as time goes by.

For now, here are my Whole 30 meal and preparation pictures.  I may have to separate them into prep and meals sometime, but for now, enjoy and be inspired!

Do you have a favourite W30 meal you turn to time and again?  Would you like me to share my recipes?  Please comment below!

Our Sunday night dinner:  BBQd steaks, baked potatoes, sauteed asparagus and garlic, and a green salad of romaine, orange peppers, zucchini with a ginger / garlic dressing

A simple weekend breakfast of a fried egg in clarified butter, and a little fruit (orange and banana)

Sunday night steak, roasted sweet potato, simple spinach salad

Breakfast bowl of leftover roasted chicken breast and sweet potato, and seasoned tomato chunks and spinach dressed with oil + white wine vinegar... and some super awesome strawberries.  A strange mix, but soo good!

Delectable Greek plate of chicken with oregano, garlic lemon potatoes, and a crunchy spinach salad with chopped peppers, zucchini, tomato, and green onion

Baked salmon with ginger, roasted potato wedges, homemade W30 mayo, sauteed mushrooms, and a lovely green broccoli salad

Simple green salad with romaine, zucchini, cucumber, and a garlic and fresh parsley dressing

Onion dyed Easter eggs... hard boiled, and perfect for on the go breakfasts and adding to salads

Making clarified butter, essential for sauteed veggies or adding to baked or grilled meats 

Another simple green salad, makes an excellent palate cleanser or part of an appetizing lunch

Cooking up some fresh W30 approved sausage.  DO check to make sure they are sugar free, and sodium citrite free.  I get mine at the St Jacob's Market from Finest Meats

 A delicious steak dinner with garlic mushrooms, a big green salad and some lightly sauteed green beans (which ARE allowed on the W30), fyi

It's not all pretty, but it's pretty good.  I snapped this casual pic at work... after eating one of two hard boiled eggs and a good chunk of zucchini... with some peppermint tea and coconut oil

This was a practice meal we had the weekend before our start date...it included some chicken breast, italian sausage, and a huge mixed salad of broccoli, red cabbage, zuchini and romaine

Chicken soup with plenty of green veggies

Parsley Garnish for soups, salads, grilled meats, etc





No comments:

Post a Comment